Davaco Retail Services Celebrates 20 Year Anniversary in 2010
Momentous Milestone for Industry’s Leading Service Provider
Dallas, TX (January 4, 2010) –DAVACO, Inc. (www.davacoinc.com), the national leading provider of retail and restaurant services, will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2010. This achievement is a meaningful milestone as the company since 1990 has added services and employees to support a growing client list of the nation’s who’s who of retail and restaurant brands. DAVACO, originally known as Fixture Perfect, began as a retail store fixture installation company. The company’s initial success was paved by the explosive growth of a national video chain and servicing their need to open stores every 14 hours. Today, DAVACO offers an expanded list of installation and execution services for the industry’s category leaders helping them to make change happen.
“I am proud of DAVACO’s achievement as it represents the company’s and our employees’ ability to accommodate an ever-changing industry,” said Founder and CEO, Rick Davis. “Our unique service offerings have given retailers a reliable, professional resource to implement consumer branding programs at the store level.”
DAVACO has reached many milestones over the years, including:
- Acquisition of West End Travel in 1996 to streamline travel arrangements for the company’s ever-mobile, ever-growing workforce.
- Development cutting-edge technology in 1997 which provides an advanced, secured website where clients can track job information and view, upload, and download CAD drawings and photographs of finished stores. This web-based, field reporting capability is known today as ClearThread™.
- In 1999, sales hit a record high, jumping by more than 63 percent from 1998.
- In 2002, Fixture Perfect International changed its name to DAVACO (inspired by A Davis Company) to reflect the company’s expanded service offerings and to position itself for continued growth.
Over the years, DAVACO has also been recognized for its achievements:
- DAVACO was named to the Dallas 100 by the Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship at SMU’s Cox School of Business as one of the 100 fastest-growing private companies in the North Texas area for six consecutive years—every year the company was eligible based on the award’s maximum size requirements. 2007 (ranked 10), 2006 (ranked 18), 2005 (ranked 20), 2004 (ranked 28), 2003 (ranked 36), 2002 (ranked 70)
- DAVACO was also named the Texas Family Business of the Year® by the Institute for Family Business at Baylor University.
- Founder Rick Davis was named a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2000 and 2006, and in 2006, he was inducted into the Retail Construction Hall of Fame.
- Founder Rick Davis named to SMU Executive Board to serve Cox School of Business in October 2008.
- DAVACO recognized by Dallas Regional Chamber and received the Momentum award for nationwide employee growth.
“It has been a great 20 years. While our business has evolved, our mission remains the same. DAVACO is committed to providing high-quality work and incredible customer service,” said Davis. “Throughout the company’s history, DAVACO’s service offerings have been developed through strategic and thoughtful planning, combined with a commitment to listening to clients and providing the services they truly need with the most value possible. We are proud of what we do and we plan on doing it for many years to come.”
About DAVACO Inc.
DAVACO, Inc. the national leading provider of retail services, specializes in the quality management and execution of high-volume rollouts, retrofits, resets, right-sizing, in-store merchandising, shop-in-shops and associated logistics and consolidation. DAVACO offers a comprehensive range of services that helps retailers maximize brand presence and profitability at retail. Services include: ▪ Rollouts, retrofits, resets and remodels ▪ Fixture and graphics installations ▪ Project management ▪ Hard- and soft-line merchandising ▪ Site and marketing surveys ▪ Logistics and consolidation ▪ Design services ▪ Special initiatives. Founded in 1990, the company is based in Dallas, Texas, with W-2 employees located across the country. For more information, visit www.davacoinc.com.
# # #